FURTHER INFORMATION FOR THE FASTEST MILE THIS SATURDAY:
– Road bikes will NOT be permitted to warm up on the track because we do not want them to mix with track bikes on the track. Please bring a trainer or some other way to warm up.
– The Fastest Mile is a standing start 5 lap event.
– You can make as many Mile attempts as you want, on any bike(s) you want to use, up to the point where no one is waiting for their turn to make an attempt or until 9 pm, whichever is first.
– There is a $10 CASH entry fee for each attempt. Registration will not close. (I am going to get a card reader for my phone but I haven’t set it up yet and I can’t do registration all night if I am announcing (see below).
– The golden voice of John Worcester will be in Connecticut realizing the pleasure of high speed bike cleaning at the terribly muddy cyclocross nationals. You all get to hear my colorless droning instead.
– PLEASE BRING YOUR OLD CLOTHING TO DONATE
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS ! ! !
***Ideally***, we need:
– 6 timers (two people to time each rider on the home straight, two timers on the back straight and a couple of extra to give everyone a break or two)
– 3 holders/lap card turners/bell ringers (1 for home straight, 1 for back straight, 1 for relief)
– 3 Runners (to bring timed results back to the scorer in the container)
– 2 Registration people: because riders can continually register for additional attempts.
– 2 Scorekeepers to continually update and post results.
Do I expect to get 16 people? No, but the more volunteers we have, the less workload there is for everyone. Most of these are pretty easy assignments. Thank you in advance to everyone who is willing to help!
REGISTRATION STARTS AT 4 PM! RACING STARTS AT 5 PM!
SEE YOU SATURDAY!